“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” ~Lucille Ball
You made it to your second round of conferences of the year! Enjoy preparing your students to get ready to show off some of the work they are most proud of this year. Consider taking a moment to allow your students to share some gratitudes towards their loved ones accompanying them at conferences. And when it’s all over, take some time for yourself on this long weekend!
Parent-Teacher Conference Hours
As a reminder, here is the information sent out to your administrators regarding the amount of time work this Thursday and Friday during Parent-Teacher Conferences:
- At least one and one-half hours must be worked on Friday, February 15 by all full-time employees except all instructional assistants and registered nurses.
- Everyone must get a “dinner break”.
- The total work hours (not including meals) over February 14 and 15 are as follows:
- Licensed Staff (this includes CIA’s, OT’s, PT’s, Floor Time Specialist and Signing Interpreters) -at least 12 hours, but enough to complete conferences.
- Elementary Fine Arts and PE - work their regular school hours on Thursday and 1.5 hours on Friday.
- Paraprofessionals, registered nurses – work their regular hours on Thursday. Because this is a conference and student nonattendance day you may leave a half hour early. Friday, February 15 is not a scheduled work day.
- Secretaries, LRAs – 14 hours (Two 7.5 hour days minus 30 minutes early dismissal on Thursday and 30 minutes early dismissal on Friday, because these are conferences and student nonattendance days.)
Each April at our SEA/SEEO General Meeting, we have like to present three awards: The Felicia Cichy Award, The Friend of SEA Award, and The Lifetime Achievement Award. The Felicia Cichy Award is given to recognize SEA members who have demonstrated service and leadership in SEA, IEA, and/or NEA. Their names appear on a plaque displayed outside the Board Room at District Office, which is currently being updated with last year’s recipient. The Friend of SEA Award honors an individual who is not a member of SEA, but who has contributed or assisted members of our association in a meaningful way. Finally, the Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to an individual who has been an integral part of SEA, IEA, and/or NEA during their career in District #54. It is meant to show appreciation for a lifetime of dedication, leadership, and service to our members. The award is given when the individual is retiring, or has retired, from teaching. We are now accepting nominations for these three awards. If you have a nomination, please fill out the following SEA Awards Form by Thursday, February 28th.
Throughout the months of January and February, I’ve been visiting various schools to attend SEA Building Meetings and 1st year mentor meetings. Additionally, I’ll be visiting various classrooms to see not just the innovation taking place, but to enjoy seeing members in action doing what they love…teaching! Feel free to reach out to me and invite me to your class anytime. Have a great week!
Here are some fun ways to celebrate this week:
February 11th: National Clean Out Your Computer Day
February 12th: National Plum Pudding Day
February 13th: National Tortellini Day
February 14th: Valentine’s Day & National Cream-Filled Chocolates Day
February 15th: National Gumdrop Day
Important Dates in February:
February 11th: Member Benefits visit to Armstrong (at lunch)
February 12th: Member Benefits visit to Aldrin (during lunch) & Link (afterschool)
February 13th: Member Benefits visit to Addams (during lunch)
February 14th: Early Dismissal; Parent-Teacher Conferences (PM)
February 15th: Parent-Teacher Conferences (AM)
February 25th: SEA Building Rep Meeting
February 26th: Retirement Meeting for TRS Employees @RAC (contact Diana Peters if you are attending)
Schaumburg Education Association President
Cell: (847) 344-5249
Office @IKE: (847) 357-5450
You must be logged in to post a comment.